Sunday 17 July 2011

Kenya

Here I am, reading the pack list for Kenya, the names of all the people I am going to live with next year. Today when I read them, they are just strangers, in a few months, I will probably consider many of  them my friends. I only have one month left before I leave and the nots in my stomach are becoming butterflies. Yes, I am use to moving and living in other countries but for some reason, it still feels different this time. Maybe because I am going on my own for an entire year without any of my friends or family members. I do not know anyone who is going to be there with me. The thought kind off scares me. I have a lot of people in Sweden and in Zürich that I am going to leave behind. My best friend Olivia, she lives in London and we do not meet all the time, just a few times a year, but we have never been apart for more than three or four months. Maybe when I was little and lived in Singapore but not more than that. A newer friend, Linnéa, we have been friends for two years but we have gotten really close this past year. I will miss her terribly, but I have a feeling we are still going to talk everyday, like we do now. Julia, who has been with me everyday this year, now I won't get to see her at all. It will feel weird. Parts of this trip scares me but I know that I am a strong and brave person, and I know I can make it. I am doing this for me and I do not care what others say or think. No matter how many worries I might get, I feel in my heart I am doing the right thing. So many things I am going to learn and experience and all the new friends I am going to get.
I can do this, I know I can!


5 comments:

  1. Gaaah! I'm gonna miss you! :( I promise that I'll come and visit you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like u know a lot of ppl in Sweden.

    ReplyDelete
  3. a few. I know a lot in Switzerland too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. MARTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA IM GONNA DIE OKAAAAAJ ): ): ): -julez

    ReplyDelete