Tuesday 15 November 2011

You just gotta love Kiswahili lessons

Ok, so last week we had a Kiswahili test and today we got them back... with funny scores. Ok, so the first thing we were going to check, were numbers:
10- Kumi (I got it right yaaay) haha, some people had written Kuma instead; Kuma means p***y... haha

The next thing we looked at, was the section where we got Kiswahili words and had to make a sentence with them. One of the words were Kuji, which means coming. A guy in my class, was asked to read his sentence out loud. He, however, had no clue what Kuji meant, so he wrote "Mimi ni na penda kuji" which means "I love coming" HAHA, and he got full marks for that. I got tears in my eyes, because I laughed so much.

Now, the last thing we were going to check, was a Kiswahili essay that we all had to translate to English. Hardly anyone had understood the essay because our teacher had taken the word Korv as a name and Korv means sausage in Swedish, so no one understood that Korv was suppose to be a person. So the essay sounded something like "My little friend sausage and I like to have a lot of fun together. We go to the mall, and sleep and play together"
HAHAHA
 I think we should all ask for Kiswahili for dummies books...

No comments:

Post a Comment